Evony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evony Forums

This is an Evony Forum for people who plays the game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Conor7
Moderators
Moderators

IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Empty
PostSubject: IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend?   IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:04 pm

IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Evonybig

The link to my website where the rest of this article and more is at the bottom of the post

I've lately been banned from the Evony companies forum for reasons unknown to me. I posted a thread with my own opinions(not facts) commenting on IEvony, its approriateness, risk level for your PC ecetra. I dolled over the rules and regulations beforehand and made that I was fully sure that not one law was broken. Soon after that, I got this reponse from the Mods.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Trolling and causing negativity to our community through rants and vulgar.

Date the ban will be lifted: 09-01-2009, 12:00 AM

At a loss. I googled other Evony Forums and this came up. I was impressed so I decided to join up to spread my thoughts on Evony and its overall gameplay. Now don't get me wrong I like Evony as a game(I've now been playing it for 6 months) I just think some aspects of its software and game style should be addressed and considered.

I'll post the same article I posted on the Evony's company forum. See what you think of it!

IEvony software. Your Friend or your enemy. IEvony is an applicationsoftware that you download into your PC to invite your friends to join the game in exchange for in game rewards. This could very well be Trojan/Malware designed to harvest email passwords, credit card details, personal information and much else.

Defination of Malware:
Malware, short for malicious software, is software designed to infiltrate a computer without the owner's informed consent.

Defination of Trojan/ or Trojan Horse:
A Trojan horse, or trojan for short, is a term used to describe malware that appears, to the user, to perform a desirable function but, in fact, facilitates unauthorized access to the user's computer system.

Now I am not saying that Evony has a trojan in its client software. This would take proper technical investigation. What I am saying is that the possibility of this being so is such that I would not let Evony anywhere near my computer. These people have already spammed myself, others and the internet! They have stolen most of their game content. And Ripped off half of there own customers. With behaviour like this I would not put anything past them. Trust needs to be put back in place between player & company. But when will this happen?

IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Talking-trojan
Www.peoplesrevolution.forumotion.com

Last edited by Conor7 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marco5
Admin
Admin
Marco5

PostSubject: Re: IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend?   IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Welcome to the forums =D
And wow...Does it really have Trojans?
Back to top Go down
https://evony.forummotion.com
Conor7
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Hey   IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Well that all depends on opinion dosn't it? It can't be proven unless someone checks it out for sure but knowing the makers of Evony it certainly possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend?   IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IEvony - Is it a Scam or your new best friend?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evony Forums :: Evony Discussion :: Evony-
Jump to: